2011年11月15日星期二

who at shortstop and center field I

The only reason I came was because no other boy wanted to run.) The last period, the class had heard of the fight, sides taken, and some even betting. I guess what bothered me most was that even the guys were encouraging me in the fight were betting against me. Even my best friend, Jack Stephens, who was as small as me, only plump, had gambled all his money for lunch on Friday against me.

  That spring was wonderful. Linda see every day in school; hear other girls whisper about us "go together" in the locker room and see a new admiration in the eyes of some of my friends. I used to stay awake at night and dream of Linda and me doing the Yankees, who at shortstop and center field I, winking at each other between games.

  Always at your success in my dreams, probably to compensate for the fact that it was always hit me in real baseball games seventh grade. Just did not seem right that she is so good. And we tied in stolen bases, too, in my dreams, until the last game of the season, when I stole five bases in one inning, breaking Ty Cobb's record (of course it was not long before Maury Wills, Ricky Henderson , etc) and put one ahead of Linda, who stole only four bases that inning.

没有评论:

发表评论